3SC World’s Vulnerability Assessment assesses the severity of weakness in IT systems or applications that can open the door to any possible attacks. Vulnerabilities can posture significant risks to both businesses’ and consumers’ systems because attacks can threaten the availability, access, or confidentiality of IT systems, applications, and the data. Our experience teams of threat experts make every effort to get you posted on every vulnerability, its exploit details, and its risk level. 3sc World has created a methodology for establishing vulnerability risk to ensure consistency and transparency in our processes.
Our methodology of Vulnerability assessment is based on how easy it is to exploit the vulnerability, the effect of the exploitation on your business and customers, the availability of exploit code, and other factors that impact on your business.
Our primary focus for the Vulnerability assessment is identifying vulnerabilities that an active hostile human threat might exploit. Although our assessment identifies both technical and non-technical weaknesses (e.g. procedural deficiencies), it is focused on an in-depth analysis of technical vulnerabilities:
• Identifying and reporting network IT infrastructure security weaknesses,
• Providing the client information about the weakness,
• Helping validate that the weakness is a vulnerability the client wants to fix,
• Assisting in identifying measures to eliminate or mitigate the vulnerability, and validating that the vulnerability is eliminated or mitigated.
To derive an overall likelihood rating, indicating the probability that a potential vulnerability may be exercised within the construct of the associated threat environment; the following governing factors will be considered:
• Threat-source motivation and capability
• Nature of the vulnerability (how easily it can be exploit).
• Existence and effectiveness of current controls.